Monday, July 17, 2006

I've been reviewed!

I've just been reviewed on BolehLand!

By Nix, Administrator, Owner, and presumably founder of Bolehland no less. I guess I should feel honoured. :D

0 stars for layout, seeing as how I use the blogger layout with minor adjustments. Ah well. I'll have to complete my new layout and get Nix to review me again. HOWEVER,

There is very little to comment about this blogger’s layout. He decided to choose a standard default Blogger.Com layout which shows a lack in creativity. However, in my opinion, looking at some of his other blogs, and his “If-you’re-happy-and-you-know-it- clap-your-hands” Friendster layout, I am glad he hasn’t decided to design this blog from scratch.

I'm not sure what to make of that comment. I lack creativity, true. But then again I've only been here 2 months. Then the pokes at my old blogs and my Friendster layout. Hrm. I probably spent a total of 1 week on the old layouts, and just tiled my GIF for friendster because I was too lazy, but perhaps I should show Nix what exactly I can do if I were to design this blog from scratch. Which I am doing now of course. So keep an eye out for it!

2 stars for content. I got marked down for "plagiarising" IMdb's stuff in my Mov!e Rev!ews. Ah damn. While I did get the bloopers from the sites, as well as digging up quotes I found funny during the movie, I din't plagiarise the site! Ah well. I guess to the reader it looked that way. Something to note I guess. But note! I *do* go to the cineplex to watch movies, and only after I watch the movie's do I give my
Rev!ew. My storyline comments are also from my own observations, mind.

That said, I do admit I get the following stuff from IMDb:
> Bloopers
> Quotes
> Names of Actors/Pictures

Anyway. I have rectified this, made it more clear that the bloopers are not of my own.

Average: 1 star.

Not bad. Not good either. About the same as everyone else. Good things to note though. Must remember to make a few changes.

Off topic though, the only person who scored high was Jon of Dreary Heavens. He got a 79.75! 4 Stars! Maybe I should ask Skyler to review me when my new layout gets in.

Hrm. The way Nix writes is somewhat familiar. Can't seem to shake the thought that he writes one of the blogs I read regularly.